In this workshop you will be taken through a demonstration on how to do a drypoint etching with the full support from practicing printmaker, Kate Piekutowski. You will then create your own etching to take home.
Whether you are an experienced artist, hobbyist or beginner, this workshop will take you through the basics of making a print using quality inks, papers, tools and a printing press.
PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS IN THE FUTURE
What you will learn
- basics of printmaking
- inks, papers and tools to use
- how to work with a printing press
- how to create depth, atmosphere, layering, tone and value within the printmaking medium
- how to create a composition using printing techniques
What you will get
- your own etching (including the etching plate) as well as any extra prints and preliminary sketches.
What to bring
- photos or images to use as inspiration
- wear old clothing as it can get messy
- snacks or lunch (there is no food available to purchase on-site)
About the tutor
Kate Piekutowski is an Australian/Polish artist from Hobart and has a Masters in Fine Art (printmaking) from UTAS. Being a first-generation child of migrants, she is intrigued by the concept of belonging and her homeland. Her work also explores European history and connection to between two places. She has extensively travelled to artist residencies in Portugal, New Zealand, Greece, Italy and India which has resolved in a number of solo exhibitions in Tasmania and Victoria. She now lives in Melbourne and has a studio in Brunswick where she also teaches printmaking workshops and exhibits in Melbourne and Tasmania.