This workshop will provide you with a brief refresher on the technical aspects of the camera, composition, and different styles of photography (covered in the Photography 101: Ignite your passion for photography; and Photography 101: The art of seeing and composing Images).
Photography walking tour subjects will be based around architecture, landscape, portraits, street art; and themes like colour, signs, or shapes. Select a style of photography and theme that you are passionate about or which to explore, experiment, and learn.
The photo walks will include the Yarraville Community Centre, Sony Creek Reserve, and other sites in the Yarraville and Spotswood areas.
This workshop will encourage you to put theory into practice. A great opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the craft and art of taking photos with like-minded people.
Suitable for beginners and those wanting a refresher.
We have other photography workshops coming up to build your skills. Find them below…
Photography 101 – The art of seeing and composing images – Saturday 25 March
Photography 101: Ignite your passion to take photographs – Saturday 18 March
What you will learn
- a review of the exposure triangle
- a review of camera settings for different lighting, backgrounds, subjects and intentions.
- a review of compositional principles
- a review of different types of photography genres
- exploring, discussing, and setting themes for the photo walks.
- sharing experiences, lessons, and further study options.
- sharing photos with the group
What you will get
- gain technical and aesthetic knowledge, skills, and experience
- gain guidance, support, and encouragement in a safe and respectful environment
- connect with others with a similar passion
- become comfortable with being curious, creative, and playful
- opportunity to take lots of photos
What you need to bring
- camera(DSR or Mirrorless/Digital)
- manual for your camera (if you have)
- batteries fully charged & spare
- notebook & pen
- comfortable shoes & clothing
- water bottle
About the tutor
Angela Mamalis has a background working in the arts, health and wellbeing, and education sector. Angela’s passion for photography stems back to many decades. She is a strong advocate of lifelong learning. She has completed many formal and informal photography courses and workshops, and continuously seeks out online courses, podcasts and photography groups she can hang out with. She loves learning and sharing all things photography. Her role will be one of facilitation, encouragement, and support. Find her Facebook page here.
Book this course
To enrol in this course, fill out the form below. Remember to add the details of any other students who are part of your booking.
Please note: This class requires a minimum number of students to go ahead. For this reason, we encourage students to book at least 5 days prior to the course/workshop. In the unlikely event that we don't get enough enrolments, we may need to postpone to a later date or cancel the course/workshop. You will be advised via email or text prior to the class commencing.