In this workshop, you will gain a basic understanding of the technical aspects of the camera, key composition principles, and different photography genres. This workshop will focus primarily on composition principles to capture interesting, pleasing, and meaningful images, and devote time to putting theory into practice.
You will be taking, reviewing, and learning from each photo.
A great opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the craft and art of taking photos with like-minded people.
Suitable for beginners and those wanting a refresher.
We have other photography workshops coming up to build your skills. Find them below…
Photography 101 – Photo walk – Saturday 1 April
Photography 101: Ignite your passion to take photographs – Saturday 18 March
What you will learn
- a review of the exposure triangle (ISO, shutter speed, and aperture)
- an introduction to different styles of photography
- an introduction to the key compositional principles for photography
- an introduction to the elements which create an interesting, pleasing and meaningful photo.
- an exploration of a broad range of techniques such as filling the frame, subject placement, leading lines, shapes, colour, and negative space
- the benefits of carving time in your day to photograph
What you will get
- gain technical and aesthetic knowledge, skills, and experience
- gain guidance, support, and encouragement in a safe and respectful environment
- connect with others with a similar passion
- become comfortable with being curious, creative, and playful
- opportunity to take lots of photos
What you need to bring
- camera(DSR or Mirrorless/Digital)
- manual for your camera (if you have one)
- batteries fully charged & spare
- notebook & pen
- comfortable shoes & clothing
- water bottle
About the tutor
Angela Mamalis has a background working in the arts, health and wellbeing, and education sectors. Angela’s passion for photography stems back many decades. She is a strong advocate of lifelong learning. She has completed many formal and informal photography courses and workshops and continuously seeks out online courses, podcasts, and photography groups she can hang out with. She loves learning and sharing all things photography. Her role will be one of facilitation, encouragement, and support. Find her Facebook page here.
Book this course
To enrol in this course, fill out the form below. Remember to add the details of any other students who are part of your booking.
Please note: This class requires a minimum number of students to go ahead. For this reason, we encourage students to book at least 5 days prior to the course/workshop. In the unlikely event that we don't get enough enrolments, we may need to postpone to a later date or cancel the course/workshop. You will be advised via email or text prior to the class commencing.