Discover the fundamentals of using a sewing machine while making your very own a-line skirt. In this workshop you will learn how to draw your own custom a-line skirt pattern, cut the skirt and sew using your sewing machine. You will walk away with a stylish new addition to your summer wardrobe.
PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS IN THE FUTURE.
What you will learn
- how to draw an a-line skirt pattern
- sewing techniques
- how to sew your own a-line skirt
What you will get
- a pattern on which to base your design
- your finished a-line skirt to take home
What to bring
- sewing machine
- 2m of mid-weight cotton fabric
- matching thread
- 2cm non-rolling elastic
- sewing accessories – scissors, thread, chalk, pins, needles, measuring tape
- notebook & pencil
About the tutor
Ruth has been sewing for decades. She has a passion for making things for others, from children’s clothing, bags, juggling balls to finger puppet outfits. In recent years Ruth has been sewing more clothing for herself, including shirts to skirt and even jeans. She hopes to inspire more people to sew their own clothes.