Gain a understanding of watercolour under the guidance of an experienced artist. Discover how wonderful it is to work with watercolour, seeing how the paint works it way across the paper and produces unexpected outcomes. Learn skills and techniques across each session, while working at your own pace on a subject of your choosing including still life, landscape, portrait, botanical or try your hand at each. Suitable for all levels including beginners.
Beginners will be able to purchase a starter kit during the first session, please bring $30 along to class.
What you will learn
- how to draw your subjects accurately
- observational drawing skills
- basic watercolour techniques – wet, dry & blending
- understanding light, shading, form and shadows
What you will get
- guidance in a creative environment to develop your botanical art passion
- connect with others with similar passions
- build your confidence, be challenged and be inspired
- your art to take home
What to bring
- any watercolour materials you have including paint palette
About the tutor
Linda Condon is a scientist, environmentalist, founder of the National Centre for Sustainability at Swinburne University in Melbourne, and an artist with a passion for painting the Australian landscape. Linda has been drawing and painting since she was a child, recently with more time to fulfil her passion she has been teaching popular watercolour classes across Melbourne. See featured images of Linda’s artworks.
(Term 4 classes start Wednesday 9 October – to book now please call 9687 1560)