When life give you lemons – get baking!
At this time of year everyone seems to have excess lemons. In this class you will make tutor Therese’s, family favourite, ‘Lemon cream cheese butter cake’, a super quick, easy and impressive ‘Lemon tart’, and ‘Lemon curd’.
What you will learn
- preserving basics including sterilizing jars and setting jams
- how to apply basic principles to make a variety of jams and preserves
What you get
- samples of cake and the tart
- jar of lemon curd
- hints and tips for crystallised lemon peel
- tips on how useful lemons can be in a sustainable home
What to bring
- containers for the cake and tart
About the tutor
Therese Slee is a home baker who loves to bake biscuits, cakes and scones. Therese enjoys sharing her recipes and shortcuts with others. Therese’s passion for baking was put into action when she and husband Michael ran a B&B in Newport, where guests were always provided with home-baked goodies to enjoy with a cuppa. Recently, Therese has become a devotee of all things Devonshire Tea – a lovely way to spend an afternoon.