Galaktoboureko (translation: milk burek) is a Greek dessert made of semolina custard in filo pastry. Served coated with a clear sweet syrup, the custard can be flavoured with lemon, orange or rose water.
What you will learn
- how to make semolina custard from scratch
- how to assemble using filo pastry
What you will get
- simple and easy recipes
- tips and advice on variations
- samples and take home – three large pieces of galaktoboureko in three flavours
What to bring
- containers to take samples home
About the tutor
Susan Stojanova has been cooking since she was 12 years old. She continues to create and experiment with old time European recipes and loves sharing her recipes, tips and variations. All of Susan’s classes use her own recipes and she gets great pleasure from seeing the enjoyment on her students faces when they taste their creations. Family, friends and students say that her baklava is the best!