This hands-on cooking class will help children develop healthy eating habits and make cooking a fun and enjoyable experience.
In this series of 8 workshops, children will work together to prepare and cook healthy meals in a safe and supportive environment.
Each week the children will learn a new recipe that will equip them to be more independent and capable of making healthy choices in the future.
As a parent of young children, Seema understands how children’s food choices are developed early and she is passionate about teaching the benefits of vegetables, fruits and spices (and equally as passionate about making it fun!!)
Suitable for children aged between 8-12 years old.
What you the children will cook
- Week 1: Chocolate balls rolled into desiccated coconut and sprinkles
- Week 2: Making Naan bread with cucumber yogurt dip
- Week 3: Delicious pasta salad loaded with vegetables
- Week 4: Waffle cone fruit salad chat
- Week 5: Rice served with potato pea curry
- Week 6: Masala Papadums with sweet yogurt Lassi
- Week 7: Flatbreads served with veggies
- Week 8: Baked savoury crackers flavoured with cumin seeds
What you will get
- taste testers and food to take home
- tips and knowledge to take home and put into practice
What to bring
- containers to take home your delicious food
- closed toe shoes and hair ties (if required)
About the tutor
A specialist in authentic North Indian cuisine, Seema Choubey teaches cooking classes across Melbourne.
Seema’s teaching style is informal, hands on, interactive and always lots of fun for participants.
Seema joyfully shares her skills, traditional cuisine and culture with all.
Everyone is guaranteed to have a great experience.
- Please ensure children are dropped off at YCC, 59 Francis Street, Yarraville at 4.00pm. Children will need to be picked up by 5.30pm sharp.
- Please let the tutor know if your child/ren has any dietary requirements and/or allergies.
Book this course
To enrol in this course, fill out the form below. Remember to add the details of any other students who are part of your booking.
Please note: This class requires a minimum number of students to go ahead. For this reason, we encourage students to book at least 5 days prior to the course/workshop. In the unlikely event that we don't get enough enrolments, we may need to postpone to a later date or cancel the course/workshop. You will be advised via email or text prior to the class commencing.