In this workshop you will learn ‘how to’ and begin the process of making a batch of Miso (approx 500g) using non GMO organic soybeans and local ingredients.
Shotaro will teach you how to continue the fermentation process at home, eventually giving you fresh and healthy miso.
You will taste a variety of miso and related products in class and be introduced to the many different ways of how to enjoy it.
This course is suitable for beginners.
What you will learn
- information and facts about miso including nutritional benefits, process and varieties
- tasting varieties of miso and its related products
- hands-on miso making to learn process
What you will get
- your own (pre-fermented) miso approx. 500g
- printed recipes of miso related products
- instructions covering the process and what you need to make your own miso paste at home
- online support throughout the fermentation period
What to bring
- closed toe shoes
- a container (500mls -1L)
About the tutor
This workshop is presented by Shotaro from Ferm.shed Mamehana. Shotaro is a Japanese fermenter who loves cooking and introducing traditional Japanese food to local people. Find out more about Japanese fermenting at Ferm.shed Mamehana.