Do you love shortbread at Christmas but finding that many recipes seem time consuming and daunting? Want to avoid overcooked shortbread that you comes out like rocks? In this Cookalong workshop we will make an easy shortbread that starts with melting the butter and is ready for the oven within 10 minutes. Not so traditional (and using few more ingredients) but the results ware great to enjoy at any time of the year to or for last minute gifts.
Bonus! While your quick shortbread is baking there will be a demonstration of a traditional shortbread recipe.
What you will learn
- By the end you will have a lovely tray of shortbread ready to eat
- Recipe for quick and easy shortbread
- Bonus traditional Shortbread demo and recipe
What you need
- Before the class starts – Have the butter melted in the saucepan and slightly cooled.
- Equipment – Saucepan (Medium, big enough to add all ingredients), Wooden Spoon, Cup Measures, Swiss Roll Tin, knife, fork.
- Ingredients – Butter, Sugar, Icing Sugar, Cornflour, Plain flour, Vanilla Essence
About the tutor
Therese loves baking and is particularly fond of quick and easy homemade bakes that taste great.
After dabbling in the High Tea business she has decided to concentrate on the things she loves – scones, tea and home baking and sharing it with others.