Flour, salt, water and the essential ingredient – sourdough culture. That’s all you need to make, bake and taste sourdough rolls. Make a dough to take home and bake along with your own sourdough culture. Ingredients and recipes for sourdough bread provided.
This class is fully booked but you can join us on 28th June instead
What you will learn
- how to keep and maintain a sourdough culture
- how to mix, knead and bake sourdough loaves and rolls
What you get
- recipes plus tips and hints
- taste of sourdough rolls baked in class
- prepared dough in class to take home to proof and bake
What to bring
About the tutor
Over a long teaching career Michael Slee has taught maths and science at secondary level before moving into primary teaching. Now a Food Technology Assistant, Michael has a passion for all things sourdough bread baking. Beginning with his first sourdough culture 15 years ago, Michael still uses this live culture that he shares in class. Michael is a home baker with lots of knowledge of how to achieve a wonderful sourdough loaf at home.