Learn authentic Sri Lankan cuisine from the experts at Monsoon Harvest. Sri Lanka enjoys a variety of fish and shellfish dishes, prepared in a variety of different ways. Whether it be a spicy curry or a sizzling clay pot, Sri Lankan seafood dishes are sure to be a flavourful. In this class learn to cook two seafood curries and an accompanying vegetable dish. Make your own seafood spice mix and discover the different regional flavours as well as how to use traditional Sri Lankan aromatic spices.
Menu will include:
- fish curry cooked in tamarind, chilli and coconut milk
- prawn curry cooked in a cinnamon, chilli and turmeric gravy with onions and coconut milk
- twice cooked butternut pumpkins in a creamy coconut broth as a complementary side dish
PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS IN THE FUTURE.
What you will learn
- basic techniques for cooking seafood Sri Lankan style
- how to make seafood spice mix from scratch
- coconut and chili curry variations
- how to use exotic ingredients
What you will get
- taste testers and food to take home
- recipes and instruction
- sample container of unroasted curry powder
- email support following class
What to bring
- wear comfortable shoes
About the tutor
Daniel Siriman was born in Sri Lanka and learned to cook from his father. His love for cooking and food was largely influenced by his father and grandfather. Immigrating to Australia in 1992, Dan qualified as a chef and worked in many restaurants, catering establishments and in a renowned French patisserie in Melbourne. In early 2017 Daniel went back to Sri Lanka in search for his roots where he became fascinated by the alluring beaches, rolling hills and exotic food culture. At the end of his visit the idea for Monsoon Harvest, his food tour company, was formed.