Learn authentic Sri Lankan cuisine from the experts at Monsoon Harvest. Sri Lankan food is known for its unique taste, colourful curries and lavish meals, made up of a minimum of three curries accompanied by rice. This class is a celebration of fresh fruit and vegetable, some familiar and some more exotic varieties as well as legumes. Learn how to make freshly grated coconut to include in a side of coconut sambol (pol sambol).
The vegan meal will include:
- cashew and green peas in spicy coconut broth
- sautéed cabbage with grated coconut, sesame oil and chilli
- eggplant and potato curry with “jaffna spices”
- Sri Lankan vegan dessert
PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS IN THE FUTURE.
What you will learn
- how to make vegan specific spice mix from scratch
- an understanding of herbs and spices that compliment each dish
- how to use exotic ingredients
What you will get
- taste testers and leftover food to take home
- recipes and instruction
- email support with tutor following class
What to bring
- wear comfortable shoes
About the tutor
Daniel Siriman was born in Sri Lanka and learned to cook from his father. His love for cooking and food was largely influenced by his father and grandfather. Immigrating to Australia in 1992, Dan qualified as a chef and worked in many restaurants, catering establishments and in a renowned French patisserie in Melbourne. In early 2017 Daniel went back to Sri Lanka in search for his roots where he became fascinated by the alluring beaches, rolling hills and exotic food culture. At the end of his visit the idea for Monsoon Harvest, his food tour company, was formed.