Learn how to make your own tofu using traditional Japanese methods and local ingredients. Using Australian organic non-GMO soybeans, experience the whole process of tofu making. Become familiar with the many varieties of tofu and the various processes to make them. This workshop includes a shared lunch using tofu and complementary ingredients such as okara.
PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS IN THE FUTURE.
What you will learn
- history, varieties, various production processes of tofu
- shared lunch
- hands-on tofu making to
- how to continue making your own tofu to your home
What you will get
- your own hand-made tofu (2 serves)
- simple tofu making kit including tofu coagulant to use at home
- instructions covering the process to make your own tofu at home
What to bring
- container (500mls -1L)
About the tutor
This workshop is presented by Shotaro from Ferm.shed Mamehana. Shotaro is a Japanese fermenter who loves cooking and introducing traditional Japanese food to local people. Find out more about Japanese fermenting at Ferm.shed Mamehana.