This combined junior ballet and jazz class is designed for children aged between 8-12 years old who love to dance!
Students will develop the basic technical foundations of ballet and jazz.
These classes explore both these dance styles in a fun, supporting environment.
Junior students will grow in confidence and self-expression
What you need
- comfy loose clothing/dance wear
- preferably dance shoes (jazz, ballet flats)
What children will learn
- develop children into active individuals in a nurturing environment
- develop confidence and skills through movement
- develop and understand musicality, strength, flexibility and rhythm
- improve coordination and cognitive thinking
About the Tutor
Amelia (Millie) Leach is a passionate young dance teacher that has extensive experience in performing and teaching. Having previously worked within the local dance community for six years, she has a strong enthusiasm for bringing opportunities for dance and movement further into the community sector.
Combining her Certificate IV in full time dance, work experience and variety of performance experience (most recently WMTC’s May-June season of Mamma Mia and Scimm Dance Company’s ‘Nexus’ program), she hopes to foster a safe, fun environment for young movers to learn creatively.
On offer – numerous term-based classes tailored to different ages, from toddler and preschool creative movement classes all the way to intermediate jazz classes!