Need to do something that is great for your body, brain and mental health? This is it!
Playing the ukulele is a fun and easy way to get into music and singing.
Students will learn tuning, basic strums, essential beginner chords, fun singalong songs and picking using ukulele ‘tab’.
Sherry Rich is a music professional with experience teaching all ages and skill levels.
Suitable for all age groups.
What you need
- your own playable ukulele and a way to tune it (no toys please)
- a folder or scrap book to keep music sheets in
What you will get
- an introduction to all the beginner uke basics
- a new song every week
- follow up individual help as requested
What you will learn
- basic strums
- essential beginner chords
- fun singalong songs
- picking using ukulele ‘tab
About the tutor
Sherry Rich is an Aria nominated singer songwriter and one half of award winning children’s entertainers The Mudcakes.
Sherry has played ukulele for a long time, gives private lessons at her home and has taught in schools [Geelong Grammar, Williamstown Primary]. Sherry works in the music department at Victoria University and has a new solo album out. For more info www.sherryrich.com