This organic interactive class focusses on playing and singing for fun as opposed to music theory.
Songs include contemporary, pop, folk and Hawaiian.
Sherry Rich is an Australian alternative country singer-songwriter, guitarist and music teacher with experience teaching all ages and skill levels.
Suitable for students who are/have
- continuing on from Term 1; or
- completed a beginner ukulele course; or
- at an intermediate skill level
- all age groups
What you need
- your own playable ukulele and a way to tune it (no toys please)
- a folder or scrap book to keep music sheets in
- music stand (optional)
What you will get
- at least one new song or music piece every week
- group singing and playing
- individual student follow up available
- a copy of Sherry’s Powerpoint presentation each week to help with practice
What you will learn
- progressing to level 2 chords
- more interesting strums and tab
About the tutor
Aria nominated singer songwriter and teacher, Sherry Rich, started playing ukulele and performing with her Mum as a young girl on Bribie Island in Qld.
Sherry has been immersed in the Australian and US music landscape in bands including Girl Monstar, Sherry Rich and the Grievous Angels, The Mudcakes, The Rich Family and The Grapes and is currently part of the music team at Victoria University.
Sherry teaches privately from her home studio in Newport and has just released a new solo album – The Divine Crimson.
For more info www.sherryrich.com
Book this course
To enrol in this course, fill out the form below. Remember to add the details of any other students who are part of your booking.
Please note: This class requires a minimum number of students to go ahead. For this reason, we encourage students to book at least 5 days prior to the course/workshop. In the unlikely event that we don't get enough enrolments, we may need to postpone to a later date or cancel the course/workshop. You will be advised via email or text prior to the class commencing.