Join our free Water Safety and Beach Visit sessions for Seniors (55+ years) to keep yourself and your family safe around the water this summer!
This course is delivered in partnership with Life Saving Victoria, and anyone over the age of 55 years old is eligible to attend.
First session on 9 March: Please come to 59 Francis Street, Yarraville.
Second session on 16 March: Meet Life Saving Victoria staff at Life Saving Club, Williamstown Beach.
What you will learn
At the first session in the classroom, you will learn:
- how to keep yourself and your grandchildren safe around the water
- strategies to keep watch and rescue someone
- how to prevent high risk activities around water including over-confidence, lack of fitness, medication and backyard pools
At the second session at the beach, you will learn:
- how to rescue someone
- what the signs mean
- how to look after grandchildren
- what lifesavers really do
What you will get
- a social and fun experience
- meeting new people
- water safety tips and gain confidence
- be active with gentle exercise (walking)
- enjoy a coffee afterwards
What you need
- in classroom session, a pen and paper (optional)
- at beach session, a hat, appropriate walking shoes and drink bottle. If you want to get in the water, bring swimming shorts, a towel and change of clothes
About the tutor
- Both sessions will be taught by Life Saving Victoria staff
- Life Saving Victoria is the state’s peak agency for water safety, and educates and promotes water safety, swimming and resuscitation for all Victorians
1st session at Yarraville Community Centre 59 Francis St, Yarraville
Wednesday 9 March
9.30am – 11.30am
2nd session at Williamstown Beach, in front of Life Saving Club on sand
Gloucester Reserve, The Esplanade
Wednesday 16 March
9:30am – 11:30am