Do you have a chair (or not) that you’ve always wanted to restore or completely revamp?
We are thrilled to offer this 6 week class with Robert, the Chair Doctor as our tutor!!
Robert will teach you basic traditional upholstery skills from the first steps of removing of existing covers to rebuilding your chair.
Not all chairs are suitable, so we ask that you use a “Bridge” type chair for this project (see the photos on this page). Try eBay, marketplace or your local opportunity shop if you don’t have one.
What you will learn
- a variety of traditional upholstery skills and hot tips
- how to remove all existing covers, materials and fabrics
- re-springing and filling
- how to measure fabric to recover
What you will get
- a fabulous new chair to show off your new skills
- enough knowledge and confidence to continue upholstery projects at home
What you need to bring
- a small tack hammer
- chisel (an old one)
- pair of pliers (wire cutters)
- an apron
- notebook and pencil to take notes if you wish
- external chair fabric (this is not required until Robert assesses how much you will need – all other filling materials will be provided)
About the tutor
Robert Pace has 50 years experience in upholstery, owning his own local upholstery business for over 20 years and teaching at Holmesglen Institute of TAFE for 4 years.
Quietly, Robert has also worked on sets like Neighbours and commercials using his fabulous upholstery skills!
Robert is currently winding down his business and looking forward to teaching and sharing his knowledge in fun, social and positive atmosphere.
Class availability: 0 PLACES REMAINING
New date for Term 3 is coming up soon!