In this workshop you will gain an understanding of watercolour under the guidance of experienced artist, Linda Condon.
Linda will teach you about papers, paint and brushes, colour mixing and design techniques and how to create fluid and vibrant watercolours.
Discover how wonderful it is to work with watercolour, seeing how the paint works it way across the paper and produces unexpected outcomes.
Linda will also address how to keep a holiday journal as well as subjects such as still life, landscape and domestic images.
Suitable for all levels including beginners.
If you need to pre-order a Starter kit, please use this link to order.
What you will learn
- how to draw your subjects accurately
- observational drawing skills
- basic watercolour techniques – wet, dry & blending
- understanding light, shading, form and shadows
What you will get
- guidance in a creative and supportive environment
- connect with others with similar passions
- build your confidence, be challenged and be inspired
- your art
What you need to bring
- any watercolour materials you have including paint palette and brushes
- watercolour paper – A4 (preferably Arches 300gsm)
About the tutor
Linda Condon is a scientist, environmentalist, founder of the National Centre for Sustainability at Swinburne University in Melbourne, and an artist with a passion for painting the Australian landscape. Linda has been drawing and painting since she was a child, recently with more time to fulfil her passion she has been teaching popular watercolour classes across Melbourne. See featured images of Linda’s artworks.
Book this course
To enrol in this course, fill out the form below. Remember to add the details of any other students who are part of your booking.
Please note: This class requires a minimum number of students to go ahead. For this reason, we encourage students to book at least 5 days prior to the course/workshop. In the unlikely event that we don't get enough enrolments, we may need to postpone to a later date or cancel the course/workshop. You will be advised via email or text prior to the class commencing.