Flour, salt, water and the essential ingredient – sourdough culture. That’s all you need to make, bake and taste sourdough rolls. Make a dough to take home and bake along with your own sourdough culture. Ingredients and recipes for sourdough bread provided.
What you will learn
- how to keep and maintain a sourdough culture
- how to mix, knead and bake sourdough loaves and rolls
What you get
- recipes plus tips and hints
- taste of sourdough rolls baked in class
- prepared dough in class to take home to proof and bake
What to bring
About the tutor
Over a long teaching career Michael Slee has taught maths and science at secondary level before moving into primary teaching. Now a Food Technology Assistant, Michael has a passion for all things sourdough bread baking. Beginning with his first sourdough culture 15 years ago, Michael still uses this live culture that he shares in class. Michael is a home baker with lots of knowledge of how to achieve a wonderful sourdough loaf at home.