The Tax Help program is a network of ATO-trained community volunteers who can help you prepare your tax return using myTax. The Yarraville Community Centre will be offering free weekly face-to-face tax help sessions at 59 Francis Street, Yarraville.
From July to October each year, our accredited volunteers help people lodge their tax returns online. Our volunteer can also help you:
- lodge amendments
- claim a refund of franking credits
- create a myGov account
- tell us if you don’t need to lodge a return
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you didn’t:
- work as a contractor – for example, a contract cleaner, taxi or uber driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, that is not a foreign pension or annuity
Bookings are essential.
How to make an appointment with us?
Appointments are available on Tuesdays with the following time-slots:
10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm.
To book an appointment with please contact the Yarraville Community Centre during business hours:
Phone: 03 9687 1560 Email: [email protected]Australian Government webpage